Friday, October 10, 2008

Ten ten

I stop at Yang's Chinese food emporium nearly every Thursday night after playing mixed doubles at Wooddale. I almost always get their tasty chicken lomein. I have become something of a regular and they now know my order before I order it. The last time I was there I noticed an item in the St Paul fish wrap that seemed to indicate that the sculpture at Phalen Park, that I previously posted as one of the Minnesota Rocks, had been somehow damaged. I suspected vandalism and resolved to check it out during the daylight hours. I went there to see it and, as the photo shows, the sculpture seems to be doing quite well. But it gave me an excuse to walk along the lake and check out the park land and the state of the changing leaves.


The maples are beginning to get serious about changing colors. It has been cold enough to discourage the production of the green chlorophyll and only the sugars remain in the leaves. It hasn't actually frozen here yet, but it has been cold enough to get me to turn on the heat plant in the basement.


The stock market roils and 401k's are halved as this October passes. There is an election in a few weeks and the TV channels have been purchased by politicos to try to slime their opponents. And the Prairie Princess will be coming back to the Cities next week from her job in Glyndon. It's October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Minnesota rocks are very cool. Your maples look to be a little further along than ours, but not a lot. Greetings to the Prairie Princess.