Saturday, October 11, 2008

Suited to party

Here's something you won't see very often - Herb in full regalia. He dressed up for a party and I had to record his finery for posterity. You can see his high school graduation picture in the background and several other photos of him and the princess from other times.


It was a very nice day. One of the nicest days in the history of days [credit to Mr Moohoo for the phrase]. I played inside tennis at Wooddale with some of the geezers. It was my third day in a row and the quality of my play was down a little, but my minor maladies didn't flare up much. We managed to fit three sets into about 90 minutes. It seems a shame to play inside on a day like this, but in October almost any weather can arrive on any given day, and often without much warning. I managed to spend a little time outside - surveying the mass of green tomatoes that still hang off the tomato plants just outside my back door. I've noticed that the squirrels have finally discovered the low hanging fruit and are taking advantage of the availability of food to get ready for the coming [shudder] winter. They are leaving plenty for my autumn feast of fried green tomatoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice little loud ones

Anonymous said...

Handsome boy. (Nikki left the previous comment.) I have never developed a taste for fried green tomatoes, myself.