Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Curling again

Yesterday was a really nice fall day, although tomorrow promises one of those OOTND in THOD days. I took a jaunt over to Fort Snelling State Park to look for wildlife and to test my stamina a little. The Mendota Bridge was looking impressive so I snapped off a photo as I walked beneath it. It's a giant bridge. And it was a nice long trek in the great out of doors.


As I walked along the Minnesota River I encountered wildlife. Two deer were munching on some succulent leaves. This one, the buck, pretty much ignored my presence. I guess it's not yet deer season or they would have been skittish. I don't think that they have a deer season in the park, if my memory serves.


There was curling tonight at SPCC. The three of us - Curt was sick - forced a team of four young guys to extra ends. Gino had executed a last rock draw to the house to get us to overtime. The young guys beat us on a fortunate shot on the last stone and we went home. The victors (them) sweep the ice after the game, so it was a nearly perfect end to a fun game. It was a nice job from Gino and Wireless to keep us in the game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice photos. I've been trying to get a good photo of a deer for quite a while, and haven't had much luck. Curling sounds like it was fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm glad you liked the deer photo. It's the best of about 10, and it has been massaged a bit to fix the lighting and enlarge the size of the deer. He was pretty nonchalant about my presence. TT