Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another View

Here is a chance to see a photo that Herb took at about the same time that I was photographing him yesterday at Vento Park. It gives a sense of where the park is - very near an interstate highway, a huge railroad yard, and downtown St Paul. The foliage is the same brown that showed up in my photos. The oldish guy in the shot is Herb's tousan. I'm taking a photo of a recently constructed stone walking bridge - one that most assuredly needed heavy equipment to build.



I had another appointment with my tennis racket this afternoon at Fort Snelling. For the fourth day in a row of competition, I did pretty well. My fatigue from yesterday had dissipated and we had two nice competitive sets. We mostly all played pretty well - Bill C. and I against Jerry and Jim W. The court surface at Fort Snelling is much more to my liking and the much higher ceiling gives me a chance to throw up a lob or two, mostly for defensive purposes, but not always.

I stopped at Papa Murphy's on the way home and purchased a family size vegetarian pizza to relieve my pizza hunger - a usual Sunday phenomenon. Onions, mushrooms, zucchini, artichokes, tomatoes, and spinach.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Nice photo. I'm sure it isn't allowed, but it looks like a fun place to ride a fat tired bicycle. The stones you're standing on look like part of the original landscape. An interesting spot.