Sunday, September 26, 2010

September Summer Sunday

One nice Sunday, deep into September. My only exercise today was a walk in the park after the Vikings won their first game of the new season. I intended to go to the Rose Garden by Lake Harriet, but I got bogged down in traffic - probably related to the end of the football game - so I stopped by Nokomis where there seemed to be a frisbee football tournament in session. I hadn't ever seen a real game of this reasonably new sport, but it was a serious contest. There were four or five games going at the same time - thus tournament. The teams had same-color shirts with the team name imprinted. The players were quite athletic and were able to throw the frisbee a long, long distance. The game was just the right activity for a nice day in the park.

I managed to get a few photos of Minnehaha Creek - the same creek as yesterday's post, but on the upper and residential part of the flowage.


I'll be back to playing tennis tomorrow. The weather creatures are promising a dry week.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Not much color in those trees yet. No sign of signigicant flooding in that creek -- most of it must be south of where you are.