Monday, June 7, 2010

How do you keep 'em down on the farm?

"How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree?" was part of a popular song published in 1918 around the time of the Great War.

Anyhow, I went down to Crosby Farm, not long after I'd seen Paree, and it was pretty nice. They didn't try to keep me down there, but I was there about two hours, walking in the woods and around Upper Lake. The swamp pictured below is between Upper Lake and Crosby Lake and is an extremely healthy bog.


I liked Paris and have about 300 pictures to remember it, but now that the joys of jet lag, and the rotten cold I picked up there are almost figments of the past, I'm getting back to normal life. I have played tennis four times since my return and have watched the finals of the big tournament at Roland Garros, too. Nice match, Mr. Untouchable Nadal. He's too good by about half.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

That's my kind of walk-about.

It must be good to get a racket in your hand again. (Or raquet, perhaps.)