Monday, June 14, 2010

Another rare day in June

Another rainy day. Tennis was canceled. June is statistically the rainiest month according to at least one of the weather creatures that I occasionally listen to. Luckily there were three World Cup games to watch. All the games are being televised, so I may know a lot more about futbol in a couple of weeks than is necessary.

After the games I was able to squeeze in a walk in Crosby Farm Park, down by the river, It was wet and still cloudy, but there were some interesting sights. This pool is not far from Upper Lake, and it seems a bit bigger than normal owing to our rainy week.


On the way to the park I noticed that the city - or maybe the county - is upgrading the bike paths along Shepard Road. I'm assuming that this is still money for economic recovery from the feds. I'm pretty sure that the bike path they're replacing was in pretty miserable shape. I'll have to ride it when they get it finished.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

I didn't know that June was the rainiest month -- I would have thought March or April would have that honor.

There's a lot of green in that photo. All that rain has accomplished that, at least.