Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks

It's Thanksgiving tomorrow and we still have no accumulation of snow. It has been pretty cold, mostly below freezing for the last couple of weeks. It feels like Thanksgiving. The sky was very blue today, an almost startling blue, the blue that goes with a cold fall day. The trees in the photo are big cottonwood trees at Linwood Park, that stand naked without their leaves. They make an interesting pattern against the blue.


We - the Moohoo rink - had curling tonight, but we had a bad night against a good team and, as a result, were able to go home early. I'm baking a pumpkin pie tomorrow for Thanksgiving at the Moohoos. The princess who occasionally lives here (PWOLH??) will be doing her pie crust from scratch, that she learned to make while in Japan, and sweet potato pie. We'll be well set for dessert after the turkey feast that precedes it.

I am again this year thankful for my kids and my extended family here and in the other parts of this country. I am thankful to be healthy and retired. And I'm thankful to be living in a great state in a great nation. There are lots of things to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice words. Dry streets are bikeable streets. I'd be thankful for that, if we had them. It is an attractive tree (I wanted to say silouette, but don't know how to spell it.)

Anonymous said...

I am sad to have missed the pumpkin pie and the sweet potato pie. And Kels' superb pie crust. We were intentionally trying to do things a little differently this year, and Lillie's cake was very popular.