Monday, November 24, 2008

Tennis Stuff

If you're going to call it a tennis blog, it should occasionally have a picture of equipment related to the game. I'm still playing with the same Wilson Prostaff racket that I was playing with in 2000. It's a good racket, and it has been restrung several times. I have in that span of time bought two brand new rackets with the idea of using them as my new main weapon, but in both cases found that I was unable to play as well with the new racket and thus reverted to the old Wilson. The shoes are much newer than the racket, but the balls are only a week or so from the store shelf.

Thanksgiving is three days away and I've been thinking about how much cinnamon should go into the pumpkin pie that I plan to bake. I usually double the amount called for in the recipe, but I'm contemplating kicking it up a little more to triple strength. I'm wondering what quantities of cinnamon other people have used in their pumpkin pies. I'd like to know. Then I'll go for the record.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just double it myself, going by the recipe on the back of the can. Too much cinnamon is possible, I think. On the other hand, I put about a tablespoon of cinnamon into the topping on my open face apple pie.

Anonymous said...

I really like the pumpkin pie as you usually make it. As Santini mentions, too much cinnamon is possible. Why mess with tradition?

Anonymous said...

I agree. Thanksgiving is a time for tradition and why mess with a good thing? You could experiment on your own some other day! Yours will be the only pumpkin pie, but here will also be French Silk, pecan and sweet potato. Yum.
BB