Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blazing Star

There are some flowers in the prairie garden in my back yard (MBY) that have appeared in the Prairie Princess's blog. These are blazing stars. The arm belongs to PP, as she was home for the weekend to tend to her prairie garden and to visit with her family. The blazing stars are quite impressive, like purple cat tails.


It's been a busy couple of days. My problem with plumbing has turned into a new bathroom project. It seems to be impossible to fix the plumbing without destroying the bathroom tile, and the connections to the rest of the bathroom are many. Besides, I'd like to see if I can live two weeks without a shower in the house.

I played USTA Super Seniors again tonight. I ended up on the short end of a pretty good match against the team from White Bear Lake that seems to have all the good geezer players. We played at Fort Snelling starting at 6:30 p.m. and by the time we finished the sun was nearly set. It was a beautiful sunset, but the lack of light was beginning to make the tennis a little iffy. The summer is winding down. I was happy to be on the court, however. There are far worse places to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good name for a pretty flower. Bathroom remodels are easier if you have another place to shower. Could be interesting. It sounds like your tennis game has improved since your summer cold faded.